I love simple recipes that can transform a meal. And dessert is a meal, so get it right.
Ganache is one of those simple things. A two-ingredient piece of ingenuity that can transform fresh strawberries into a sexy dessert, plain baked cookies to another level, or our favorite - simple chocolate or vanilla ice-cream into a chocolatey masterpiece. Simply pour on, top with sprinkles, chocolate chips, or other mix-ins (yes... we ❤ Cold Stone creamery too) and eat with a big smile on your face.
So... let's get to it!
Simple Chocolate Ganache Recipe
The quantities you use will depend on the consistency you require. For thinner consistency, perfect for glazing cakes or pouring on ice-cream, you would want more cream. For thicker consistency, perfect for rolling into homemade truffles (YES. TRUFFLES!!!), you would want less cream.
You will need:
Good quality chocolate, chopped into pieces (better as chocolate chips)
Coarse salt (optional)
Here's what you do:
1. Gently heat up your whipping cream
2. DO NOT LET IT BOIL ☺
3. Once heated, pour over bowl of chocolate (chips)
4. Let stand for a couple minutes (1-2 minutes at most)
5. Stir together gently. It's going to look a little coagulated...don't worry. Keep stirring and you will get a smooth, silky, chocolatey dream ❤ ❤ ❤
6. Done and done. Stir in your optional salt, and presto.
Well, look at you, you culinary genius!