Apparently, black coffee tastes like " an unexpected break up, a missed flight, and the discovery of 19 typos in an email, already sent, to your boss" . Yikes!
Personally, I love black coffee.
I used to crack a joke - apparently it wasn't so funny, so I had to stop. When asked how I like my coffee, I would say, "I like my coffee like I like my men - Black and Strong".
How is that not funny???
In any case... we can pretend to understand that how you may want to add some flavor to your morning coffee. And being a lover of flavors and all things created in the kitchen, here is a quick little recipe for your flavored coffee/beverage needs!
You will need
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of high quality vanilla essence or other natural extract
Here's what you do:
- Stir water and sugar together in a medium sized non-stick pan on low-medium heat
- Bring to a low/soft boil - this is different from a rolling boil, so don't over boil!
- Remove from heat and set to cool
- Once cool, pour into an airtight bottle, add the extract and shake it all together
- Presto! All done!
Look at you, you culinary genius!
How simple was that?
Your flavored syrup will go well with much more than coffee... you can add it to cocktails, use it to sweeten up fresh fruit salads or blended beverages, or spritz it on simple butter cake to add a light layer of flavor... the possibilities are endless, so let us know what you come up with!
From our kitchen to yours,